4 Things You Can Do to Take Your Office Style to the Next Level
Dressing well for the office isn't just about adhering to a dress code; it's an art, a statement that speaks volumes about your professionalism and personality. That’s why it’s important to carefully consider what you wear to work every single day–and to constantly find ways to improve your office style.
Whether you’re thriving in the corporate world or exercising your energies in a creative field, here are a few tips on how to level up your office wardrobe game:
Master the Power of Wardrobe Staples
When it comes to office attire, think of your wardrobe as a collection of strategic assets. Investing in high-quality, timeless, and versatile pieces that can seamlessly be mixed and matched together doesn’t just make you look more put together at work, you’ll also save precious time and effort getting ready in the morning.
Consider putting together a capsule wardrobe for work that consists of essentials such as crisp white shirts, well-fitting blazers, tailored trousers, and sensible footwear. These staples can be mixed and matched to create diverse looks without appearing repetitive, and help you transition from board meetings to after-work gatherings with ease.
Decode the Art of Accessorising
Have you ever gotten dressed for work, looked in the mirror, and then felt like something was missing? You may not be tapping into the power of accessories, which can finish off your look. Accessories also show that you’ve made a genuine effort towards putting your look together–they need to be a major component of all your work ensembles.
Additionally, adding accessories to your outfit is a great way to showcase your personality without saying a word. In the office, though, less is often more. Here are a few selections from our catalogue here on FJewellery:
- Every woman needs a trusty pair of studs in her jewellery box. This dainty pair of 9ct yellow gold baguette halo stud earrings from our collection of 9ct gold earrings feature brilliant cubic zirconia stones that catch the light in the most beautiful way.
- Are you a consummate minimalist looking for something that will go well with everything you own? This pair of 9ct yellow gold 5mm Bouton ball stud earrings, also from our 9ct gold earrings collection, is a fantastically versatile choice.
- Lovers of danglers will find themselves falling for this delicate pair of two-tone, 9ct yellow & white gold leaf drop earrings from our 9ct gold earrings
- This 18ct white gold lariat necklace from our collection of necklaces features 0.32ct of diamonds and is excellent when worn on its own or when layered with other necklaces.
- Wear your love of colour subtly on your neck with this elegantly whimsical 9ct yellow gold CZ rainbow drop necklace from our necklaces catalogue, featuring round cubic zirconia droplets in various shades spaced evenly throughout.
- A charm bracelet is a wonderful way to wear your personality on your wrist. Here on FJewellery, we offer a wide variety of charm bracelets for women that you can attach various meaningful charms to. This 9ct yellow gold charm bracelet is a particularly exquisite selection for the office.
- The 2.00ct diamonds in this 18ct white gold tennis bracelet are set in such a way that it creates a beautifully fluid effect when worn. It, too, is a versatile piece that can be worn from day to night.
Tailoring: Your Wardrobe’s Best Kept Secret
How your clothes fit on your body matters a lot more than you think. No matter how expensive or stylish an outfit is, if it doesn't fit well, it loses its charm. Ill-fitting clothes also have a tendency to be uncomfortable, negatively impacting your confidence at work.
Unfortunately, when you buy clothes off the rack, it’s likely that they won’t fit you perfectly. That’s because they’re made to fit a wide range of body types. The good news is that you can make anything fit you well–with the help of a good tailor. Invest time in finding one who understands the shape of your body and can make alterations to your clothes for the perfect fit.
Put Your Best Foot(wear) Forward
Your shoes are the foundation of your outfit, quite literally. Neglecting your footwear is like having a beautifully decorated cake on a crumbling base. The shoes that you choose to wear to work can make or break your entire ensemble.
Consider having a variety of footwear options—from classic pumps for formal occasions to stylish loafers for casual Fridays. Invest in comfortable, high-quality options that not only complement the rest of your work wardrobe but can also take you through those long days at the office.
Dressing better for the office doesn't have to be a daunting task. With these simple tips, you can level up your office attire game and stride into your workplace with the confidence you need to conquer whatever the day might bring.