WHO ARE WE?
Fjewellery Limited is registered in England and Wales under company number 11810719 with our registered office located at 328 North End Road, London, SW6 1NF. We are responsible under and comply with data protection laws for our means of processing your personal information which we also refer to as Personal Data in this Policy. Your personal information which means any data, either by itself or with other data held by us or available to us, can be utilized for user identification purposes. Further details of the personal information we process about you is set out below in this Policy.
We take the privacy of our Website users very seriously. We ask that you read this Policy carefully as it contains important information about how we will process your personal data.
We may change this Policy with time. Therefore, you should check this Policy regularly to ensure complete awareness of the most recent version that will be considered valid and apply each time you access the Website.
The Website is operated by Fjewellery Limited Incorporated in England and Wales under company number 11810719 and having its registered office address at 328 North End Road, London, SW6 1NF (“we”/“our”).
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, we are the “data controller” (i.e. the company who is responsible for, and controls the processing of, your personal data).
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number or other details to enhance your customer experience.
HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION?
We will obtain personal data about you in a number of circumstances including but not limited to if:
• you register an online account with us or sign up to our mailing list; or
• you purchase an item using our Website; or
• you sign up for our newsletter; or
- • you contact us regarding a marketing message, a query, an order already placed or anything concerning your customer account.
We may receive information about you from other sources, which we will add to the information we already hold for the reasons listed in this Policy.
WHAT TYPE OF INFORMATION IS COLLECTED FROM YOU?
The personal data we collect about you may include, but not limited to:
• your name, physical address, email address, date of birth and contact information
• your payment details
• IP address and other data regarding our services and when you accessed them
• Documents such as copies of your ID and proof of address that you provide to us (to comply with obligatory regulations)
If you make a purchase from us, we will not hold your card information. Our third party payment processors, who specialize in secured online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions, will be responsible for collecting such data, as explained below.
HOW WILL WE USE THE INFORMATION WE HOLD ABOUT YOU?
We may use personal data collected for the purpose of:
• any inquiry you may have
• preparing a jewellery purchase order
• notifying you of any changes to our Website or to our products or services that may affect you
• administrative queries
• personalising our service to you
• security, fraud prevention and detection
• improving our service quality
• complying with our legal obligations
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations, for example processing orders, refunds, etc. We will securely hold your personal information in our systems for as long as it will be deemed necessary in accordance with relevant activities, or as long as judged appropriate for any relevant contract you hold with us.
By submitting your personal information, you consent to the use of such as mentioned in this Policy.
WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION?
FJewellery Limited has access to your information for all the pertinent reasons aforementioned.
• We will not sell or rent your information to third parties
• We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes
THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS WORKING ON OUR BEHALF
We may pass your information to our third party service providers, agents, subcontractors and other associated bodies for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf. However, when we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for direct marketing purposes. Please be reassured that we will not release your information to third parties for them to use it for their own marketing goals, unless you have requested us to do so, or we are required to do so by law, for instance, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
To provide you with our services and to fulfil our legitimate interest of managing our legal agreement with you and where otherwise required to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, we will retain your data for a period of six (6) years after your account with us is closed, whether settled by you or in default.
USE OF 'COOKIES'
It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences. For more information on how to switch off cookies on your computer, visit our full cookies policy. Turning cookies of may result in a loss of functionality when using our website.
WHERE IS YOUR INFORMATION KEPT?
We keep your information within the European Economic Area (EEA).
As part of the services offered to you through this website, the information which you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the European Union (“EU”). By way of example, this may happen if any of our servers are from time to time located in a country outside of the EU. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the UK. By submitting your personal data, you’re agreeing to this transfer, storing or processing.
If we transfer your information outside of the EU in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this Policy.
YOU HOLD THE RIGHT TO:
• access the information we hold of you
• ask us to make changes to your information to ensure it is accurate/up to date
• ask us to stop or limit processing or delete your information (PLEASE NOTE: we are not obliged to do this in accordance to information we need as part of our contractual relationship)
• receive your information in a format that best suits you
• transfer your information to a third party
HOW CAN YOU ACCESS AND UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION, OR FILE A COMPLAINT?